Monday, August 8, 2016

Writing Challenge Day 8

I haven't been posting on here, but I began writing about the journey we as a family are taking to be debt free... I intended it to be short blog posts, but it's turning into more of a memoir perhaps so I am just dating things as I go and we'll see where that takes us.  I've always thought it would be cool to write a book and never had a vision for one... maybe this will turn into something like that.  Anywho...

Just a real quick thought from today.  It's been 2 years since we got to talk to Jason (Nate's dad) and have him communicate clearly and smile at his grandchildren, etc.  He didn't pass away until the 13th, but the 8th and 9th were his last days that we talked, sang, interacted and saw him really react to us being with him.  It's overwhelming to recall all of the emotions that rolled through our family those days of saying goodbye and I am very glad it's in the past.  I am glad we don't have to live like that each day.  It was very heart breaking and a wonderful gift to be with him, but I am so glad it's over.  Now we are healing and can remember him without wishing that he wasn't suffering.

Here is the picture that brought back those memories...
He loved his granddaughters so much!! 

No comments: