Tuesday, August 2, 2016

30 Day writing challenge

August 2nd:
Our friends over at The Art of Redemption challenged their listeners and group members to write at least 200 words per day during the month of August... so I decided I will TRY to use this blog to do that.  I missed day 1, but may make up for it during this post!  I noticed they are using #augustauthors as a 'hashtag' and I must confess, I am just under versed in the world of hashtags that I don't actually know how to make that work and it will be something I learn so I can keep these posts connected to the challenge.  Obviously this post's purpose is to inform readers of this challenge and provide my ideas of what Nathan and I may write about in the next month.  I came up with these ideas...

- recap each year of your life one day at a time (some of us will be writing for more then 30 days...)
- write letters to each of our kids
- write letters to our soon to be born Baby #3
- write letters to family and friends
- short stories
- script and illustration ideas of children's books that are stuck in my head
- vents/rants/raves/etc.
- treat it as a journal, but with a specific theme (parenting, forgiveness, faith, work goals, health goals, etc.)

We'll see how Nate and I do with this... He mentioned it last night as I was falling asleep and I am not sure he did his writing yesterday, but I will encourage him and try to get all the creative ideas inside his head to pop out.  I'm not sure the world is ready for some of the stuff my husband has stashed away in his brain, but he needs to share with more then me.  ;) 
~Chelle

No comments: