Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15th!?

I'd like to say that I have been writing like crazy this month due to the writing challenge from Art of Redemption, but I haven't.  The past 3 or 4 days for instance, I have chosen to nap instead of write and that's ok considering I am growing a baby.  This 3rd pregnancy is not easy.  It's very uncomfortable.  I'm 36+ weeks... I'm swollen... I'm cranky... I still have 2 other kids, 2 dogs, and a husband to take care of and I go to work tomorrow.  It's only for a 2 day training, and then we don't have to go back full time until the 24th, but still.  My summer is done.  And it's kinda sad.  I can't say I got everything accomplished that I'd hope to, but we've done a ton of stuff this summer including a garden which is something we've always talked about doing... it feels good to get some 'to do' things done.  We want to get our porch done on the back of our house so we have a private, outdoor space to have dinner and hang out since our home is small... it would be great to have an outdoor living space. And obviously we need to dig out some baby clothes and supplies and be ready to have a new little one living with us!  It's weird how 'done being pregnant' I feel some days, but how I haven't really done anything to get ready to have baby here... this is much different then how I felt with N and B.  We were 'ready' weeks ahead of time.  I even remember I packed my hospital bag well before Briella came and when I got into the bag at the hospital I had forgotten what I had packed cause it had been so long.  We do have some things done for baby's arrival, so I hope he or she holds off until we have a bit more done and are more realistically ready.  And I sure hope transitioning back to work when I am this pregnant goes well.  Last week I had dreams that I missed a half day of mandatory training and used the excuse that I was going into labor to keep from getting in trouble.  So I think it means my head wants to be back at work, but my body is gonna make me slow down and pay attention to Baby 3.  Here's hoping I get up feeling good in the morning and am able to make it through training with little to no pain or mood swings... ha!  And perhaps sleeping with my new snoogle pillow will help... Nate found one on FB today from someone we know.  I think it will help me sleep well.  :)

No comments: