Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Sidewalk


The joys of living in a new development come with some frustrations... like having to replace the entire sidewalk up to our front door and part of our driveway. We decided to have some fun with it though and put our hand print and the year we moved into the house on our sidewalk... so that's the pic to the left. We even had Shadow put his paw prints on it, then washed his paws very quickly! Good times. We'll have to see if they laid the concrete correctly this time. It lasted just over a year before it began cracking, shifting, tilting and splitting apart. Thankfully our foundation is looking just fine and the reason for so much shifting on the driveway was due to a water line and them not compressing the dirt correctly after digging the hole.
On to other stuff... life is busy. My new job is great, but time consuming. I would like to sell PartyLite candles still, but I don't know if I have the time. I just like all the candles and I don't mind getting them for free, while making money. I have an entire 'buffet' full of candles and accessories... i guess if I don't ever sell anymore, I can make that work for a few years. :) Well... Nate and I need to get off of our computers. Sometimes I feel like I live in front of this thing... I use it 50% of the time at work, and then come home to check personal mail, check the weather, look up random stuff, and read family/friend blogs... tis life!

1 comment:

Erika May said...

hi sister! i have a blog here too. it's all about knitting just to warn you. i don't think I will be able to come to your party lite party but maybe I will order some stuff?