Thursday, August 7, 2008

New Job... Old Pic













This picture is from my sister's wedding the first week of June. Now it's August. Wow... I hope i have more time to post pics in the near future. I feel like a lot happened this summer, so far, and going through pictures will help me remember. I remember better when I write posts more often too... journaling is not a bad thing.
So I began my new job this week. I still don't feel like I have closure on the old job... maybe that's because I am still working there a bit? I don't know how long I will be able to do that, but I had made a promise to some things and I need to let my 'yes be yes'.
This week has been pretty easy. Sitting in trainings, soaking up a lot... I mean A LOT, of material, and meeting my colleagues, but it's nothing compared to what I was dealing with at The Science Zone. The Lord surely knew the right timing to give me a job with our school district. Sometimes His timing is everything... actually His timing IS everything and it's hard being patient for Him, but I have a great appreciation for the way He worked this job out. I have a lot to learn, like where my office will be, but that will come next week. Tomorrow we (all the new faculty) have a breakfast with all the administrators in the district and then learn about the education association and policy stuff. Monday we are in our schools rushing to get ready for students who show up on the 18th... I actually think that next Tuesday night is "back to school night" at the school I will be in. Oh yeah... I'm not a classroom teacher. I am a district tutor placed in one of the elementary schools. I bring in new strategies and techniques for students who are not excelling with the ones the school/teacher has used. Could be an interesting job. I believe God provided it for me, and it will be a good experience.
OK... getting long. I just have so much to catch up on. I hope more people I know will begin to read this thing It's hard to keep in touch with people, and if you have a blog and use it, that's how I keep in touch with you!
That's all for now...

No comments: