Monday, December 1, 2008

I actually wrote this update last night, but didn't post it until my internet was working again... so here's the post...

Why does the long weekend have to come to an end? I really enjoyed all the time off we had this week. We both had Wed-Sun off and if was great! We went to a movie, had everyone over for Thanksgiving on Thursday… and by everyone I mean 11 adults and 2 kids in our not so huge dinning room, but it worked and was a good time with the family. Someday we may not all be able to get together like we did this year, so it’s awesome that it happened.
On Friday we went to Pottery By You with Erika and mom and had a fun few hours painting pottery. I can’t wait to see what my cup turns out to be… it was fun painting. Then Nate and I went home and decided that we had time to do something that every couple should do once in their lifetime… Watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy back to back… it didn’t work out to watch all of them at once, but we watched in shift and finished the third one Sunday afternoon after church. They are good movies, but I don’t know how you could watch all 12+ hours of the extended version in one sitting… way too hard!
Sunday night we had friends over to our house and it was very random, but fun. I got to see Bernnie… our friend who has decided to become a Georgia girl. She and her husband even bought a house there… Nate and I will go visit someday. Anyway… it was a good time with the friends, many whom I haven’t seen in a while, and we even got a carpet cleaning lesson. Isn’t it weird how things happen in groups or pairs? Hear me out… our dog Shadow is a very well behaved dog. He never makes messes, hardly ever barks and is just fun. Tonight he puked on the carpet right when people were showing up, so we cleaned the carpet and discovered our carpet cleaner was stupid, then my friend Jamie was balancing her cute baby (Jordan) and a plate of salsa and chips and the salsa ended up on the carpet in a different spot. How crazy is that?! We haven’t spilled on our carpet at all (except water) and the dog never pukes and both happened tonight. So I ran to Wal-Mart and bought some good carpet cleaner and all seems well… it’s just odd how things come in pairs like that.
Now I am watching Nate play Wii Music and it’s kind of a crazy video game. We played lots of Wii Fit this week too and it’s awesome! I want to try to do it every day and see if it really does get me into shape. My muscles hurt from it. Well… I have lots of other things I could write about, but this is already long. It was a good long weekend and I am sad that it is ending, but maybe it will be good to get back into a routine and I do want to see my school kids again… they are a hoot.

No comments: