Saturday, October 25, 2014

A little rest...

This week has been very wearisome.  We've all been sick.  The illnesses, and teething, began well over a week ago and lasted for some time.  We also made the final push to move the rest of our stuff to our new, temporary home - aka, my parent's house.  (yes... we moved again but that's another story that hopefully leads to some healing and resolution some day) This is how it played out.  Friday night with runny noses, headaches, etc. we began loading our big stuff and moving it out, woke up on Saturday and worked on it while fighting off more sniffles, bad coughs, and exhaustion.  Sunday we had a friend come help move 'the big stuff' and unload it at the new place, which was wonderful since I was basically having a mental breakdown and was ready to run away from it all.  I took Monday off from work due to being sick to my stomach.  Nathellia missed preschool that day due to puking on Sunday, while we were moving.  Each evening we had to go finish moving and organizing and we just weren't getting better so I made us all doctor's appointments and we all went together.  I was the only one put on meds, but after taking another day off of work, unpacking some more things, getting more settled, and getting some awesome sleep, I and the rest of my family are finally feeling better. 

On top of some good rest I was able to get some great fellowship with a friend from college, along with some awesome worship music and divine messages.  Some highlights from that were...
- Why are you losing your peace over something you have no control over?
- make sure your prayers are scary, not scared.
- don't worship your problems
- we rarely notice the blessings of the season we are currently in in life.  We don't notice all the blessings and perfect timing of things until we are into the next season.
- Everything in our life will change at one point or another.  Everything, except God.
- When you have junk buried deep down, God will continue to bring it up until you and He deal with it together.
- Allow His overwhelming love to overwhelm your overwhelming circumstances
- God does not get involved if you can do it on your own...

And so much more.  It reassured me that even though life these last few months has seemed overwhelmingly overwhelming, we can't just stop moving.  We can't just set up camp and give up.  We must keep moving and see what God has in store.  We may have to deal with some stressful things, but that's ok.  It's expected.  It's life.  We may have to deal with others questioning our decisions, but we, I hope, will do what God wants us to do.  In the short run, I just want to be a more attentive wife, mom, and employee.  We'll see what I'm to do when I am in another season. And I know Nate is looking forward to what God has in store for him and all of us as a family.  It will be good.  We will continue to be loved and blessed. 
~ML

No comments: