Monday, January 4, 2010

Here we go again...

So... vacation is done. My weeks of staying up late watching TV or movies and waking up without an alarm clock are over... oh well. I got a lot of our house more organized though so that was good. The more time we live here the more it feels like our home and not just a house we're paying for each month. That's a nice feeling! We really enjoyed our time off. Nate did have to work a few days here and there, but he had a bunch of time off too and it was nice. We will miss taking the dog to the park a lot to watch him climb trees. He does this all by himself! He's crazy fun!

We went to a wedding on New Years night and had a lot of fun catching up with people. New Years Eve involved staying home to watch a Net Flix and then sleeping in. We also had my dad's b-day dinner and then another friends b-day party on Saturday night and Sunday we went to church, ran errands and came home to prepare for the next few weeks.

It's back to work and school now. I have 10 weeks of class ahead of me and Maui is 9 weeks away. This means I need to be ahead of schedule so I don't have to do anything but enjoy Hawaii during spring break. We may go to Keystone in a couple of weekends with some friends, but we'll see. My sister's baby shower is this month too! So busy busy... but blessed and enjoying life. We'll see if we can stay on schedule with our p90X workout, which is really cool but hard and makes us feel really out of shape... but it's good for us! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Erika May said...

i'm so jealous about hawaii! carrie and nick just got back and you and nate are leaving. someday. i'm getting addresses and stuff for the shower but we were thinking jan. 23rd at 1:00. hopefully you and mom and brandy can come and the weather cooperates.

Lacey said...

Wow - TWO posts in a week! I'm impressed! :-)

I'm excited for you that you get to go to Hawaii - how wonderful! Maybe someday we'll get there. It's nice that you can do all the traveling you do before you have kids. I think if I took a trip like that now, I'd spend half the time worrying about my kiddos.

I know we say it all the time, but you are ALWAYS welcome in our home. So if you ever get the chance to travel to snowy Michigan (a little different than Hawaii, huh?), we would love to have you! And if we're ever able to come to Wyoming, you'd better believe I'll be calling you!

I'm glad we can still maintain a friendship even though we haven't seen each other in SIX years! Love you, friend!

Anna Sell said...

I really hope you do come to Keystone!!! ~Anna