Tuesday, November 4, 2008

quick thoughts on the election. Let's just say... we didn't vote for the winner and we're not excited about the fact that the House and Senate are going to be ran by democrats also. It could mean some very interesting changes for America in the next four years. So... we're not too excited about it. However, we trust that what's supposed to happen does and God will do what He must.

On happier notes... we went to Denver this weekend and it was 75 degrees and hardly windy and we had a great time. We went to the science museum and saw a couple Imax films, ate out at some good restaurants and even went dancing... which we aren't good at but we have fun and wouldn't do without each other. For fun we looked at some apartments in a 24 floor apartment building and asked about pricing... let's just say some of the apartments we're well over $2,500/mo. It made me feel like my mortgage payment isn't so bad... at least we have something to show for our money. But if that's the life you want... it was a very beautiful building with tall ceilings, swimming pools, fitness center and coffee shop. Anyway... i want to post pics again someday. I promise to get around to it before Christmas... which is sooo soon! Yikes! Hope you are all doing well.

1 comment:

Erika May said...

I think a lot of people see the presidency and the election as they see sports: winners and losers. It's okay if you didn't vote for the winner, you voted for the person who most represented your beliefs...at least I hope you did.
Also, I think its interesting that many Christians feel forced to vote for someone who is pro-life but who may not hold other Christian beliefs. I mean, wasn't Jesus a advocate for social welfare? Didn't he tell us to take care of widows and orpans? Wasn't he anti-war? These are not the typical republican views even though republicans have laid claim to the pro-life stance. I am very pro-life in all situations but I am also (almost) a social worker which means I am mandated to uphold the rights of vulnerable populations work for peace world wide and advocate for social justice. So my choices are slim. There aren't many candidates that do all those things (including McCain and Obama) but there were more than the two party system gives us. It's sad that people feel that their only choices are the major party candidates.
Whoa, okay I'll get off the soap box now. My candidate (Cynthia McKinney) didn't win either...but maybe Obama will be the change that so many people hope he is. But I doubt it...he has a big job ahead of him and will need the prayers of all of us to sustain him and his family just as McCain would have. Okay, for real. I'm done.

I am wayyyy excited for the craft fair and to just hang out with you!
love you! ERika