Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life Update

I am done with my masters degree. Crazy! It was a lot of work. I am not ever going to say that it was easy, because it wasn't. I worked a full time job and went to school full time. That's never easy for anyone and I give kudos to anyone who does this and especially people who do this while raising kids!! Go you! (This would be many people I had classes with since last summer).
I am so glad for this guy...


He took on a lot of the normal house work that we would have shared while I did my work, he cooked for me, he knew exactly when I needed to take a break and when I just needed to push through the assignments, and he took me to Hawaii for spring break... cool! I love you Nate! Thanks for all you did/do for me! You're awesome!
I just decided I need to go through a bunch of pics from the last year and do a big post on everything... and now I have the time to do something like that. Woo hoo!
The last day of school was Friday. I got my room all cleaned up, packed up, and it's in our basement now cause my school for next year is remodeling some rooms and they don't know where the tutors will be. So two of us are just kind of waiting around for things to happen. It will work out and I am not too anxious to go set up a room yet... need a break for a bit. ;)
I can't be too lazy though. I have the BHSSC to look forward to and need to type up a couple of lessons today and get them to the directors. This camp used to be called Wyoming Astro Camp but we have ExxonMobil sponsoring the camp this year so it got bigger and we have to publish our lessons which was a goal we all have thought about... it's my 6th year involved in the camp and the 5th year I am a teacher... I think... Anyway... before the curriculum was all typed up and we just had a few lessons done, it was already over 100 pages long... crazy! I'll be in Laramie June 14-29. I always like helping with this camp. I just don't like being away from Nate and this year I am tired and just want to stay home. I think the next week and a half will be refreshing enough for me to be ready to go help with Astro Camp... I mean BHSSC... and it's always a fast 2 weeks...
I think that's all for now... I will try to do a picture post of some fun family, kids, life, etc. that has been going on lately in the next few days.

3 comments:

Nathan Long said...

Good job Michelle! You pulled through! You are amazing, smart, and one of the hardest working people I know. Love you!

Unknown said...

congrats on being done with your Masters!! maybe you and Chad can car pool to Laramie...he will be attending this year also!! smiles

Erika May said...

you sound relieved, if i can say "sound" in regards to a blog post...i'll be glad to see you in laramie in a few weeks and so will little walty! are you all going to williston?